The No to Silvertown Tunnel Campaign say:
“Thanks to all of you who have been in touch – whether to suggest changes to our constitution or to volunteer for our second citizen science experiment. As discussed at our last public meeting, we need to formalise the aims and structure of our group to be able to move forward and so we are to hold an inaugural meeting.
The Inaugural Meeting of the No To Silvertown Tunnel campaign will be held on Sunday 12th January, 7pm, at the Bugle Horn, Charlton, SE7 8UD. All are welcome.
Our suggested agenda for the meeting is:
- Review of the proposed constitution; changes to be proposed if required
- Vote to ratify the constitution
- Elections for Officer positions
- Membership Secretary
- Elections for non-Officer Committee positions
- Update on progress since last public meeting
- Agree dates for future meetings
- Any other business
We have received some suggested changes to our proposed constitution. These are now reflected in the second draft of the constitution, which Ive attached below. We still welcome further comments on the document before our meeting – if we have advance notice of proposed changes it may make discussion quicker and easier in the meeting.
Many thanks to all of you again for your support so far – we look forward to seeing you on the 12th.”